Each customer receives one blue 96-gallon recycling cart, which is collected on your regular service day. Carts are provided to Recology Vallejo customers free of charge.
Bulky Item Collection
Each residential customer has one free bulky item pick up per year. The bulky item pick up is equivalent to 2 cubic yards or the size of ten 33-gallon bags of garbage. Please contact us
for more information or to schedule your pick up.
Acceptable Recycling Materials
Only place recyclable materials into your blue container!
- All colors of glass beverage and food containers
(Labels are okay)
Plastic Containers with recycling symbols 1-7:
- Aluminum cans
- Tin/steel food and beverage cans
(Please rinse - Labels are okay)
- Milk and juice jugs
- Shampoo, detergent, and other household bottles
(Please rinse and remove lids)
- Soft drink and water bottles
- Yogurt, margarine, and other food containers
- Food/deli trays
- Plant trays/pots
Paper Please DO NOT put recyclable paper in plastic bags.
- Brown paper bags
- Cardboard (Clean, corrugated cardboard must be broken down no larger than 3' x 3' in size. Place in the blue recycling cart for collection. Please remove plastic liners from boxes.)
- Chip/Box board (Shoe boxes, cereal boxes, etc.)
- Computer paper
- Egg cartons (not Styrofoam)
- Food boxes (cereal, crackers)
- Junk mail and catalogs
- Newspaper & Magazines
- Paper Packaging
Unacceptable Recycling Materials
Please do not place the following un-recyclable materials into your blue container!
Un-Recyclable Glass, Metal, Paper and Plastic
- Window glass, mirrors, drinking glasses, ceramics, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes
- Plastic bags, irrigation pipe, small furniture, toys or Styrofoam
Food soiled paper, waxed cardboard, wrapping paper
Electronic / Universal Waste
- Televisions, computers, cell phones, batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, mercury switches
In addition to curbside recycling service, the public may also bring magazines, office paper, newspaper and cardboard to our drop-off center located at 2021 Broadway, in Vallejo. Recology Vallejo customers may also drop-off cooking oil, auto and household batteries, oil, latex paint, anti-freeze and fluorescent bulbs at the main Recology Vallejo recycling facility located at 2021 Broadway. Quantities are limited, so please contact us
for more information before you come. The drop-off center is open Thursday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Curbside Used Motor Oil and Oil Filters
Recycle oil and filters together at your curbside. Contact us
to receive a free oil filter recycling bag. Special, free used oil recycling jugs are also available.
Thoroughly drain filters before placing in the bag. Then hang the bag from the neck of your used oil jug and place next to your garbage container on collection day. Up to two gallons of used oil may be recycled every week. A new oil jug and/or filter bag will be left at the curb for your next oil change.